The University of Washington Department of Chemical Engineering cordially invites you to our 2020 graduation ceremony
Friday, June 12, 4:00–5:00 pm PDT
Graduates and Faculty
You're invited to take part in the ceremony via Zoom. You will receive information about how to register for the event.
- Graduates: when we call your name, we will spotlight your video feed if you have it enabled. This means everyone will see your video emphasized as if you were speaking. There will also be a time at the end when everyone can celebrate together.
- By joining the Zoom call, you’ll need to acknowledge it will be recorded and live streamed to YouTube. If you do not wish to be recorded and shown on the YouTube stream, you may want to turn off your video or watch via the live stream.
- If you have technical issues that you are unable to resolve, the YouTube live stream is an alternative to ensure you do not miss the ceremony.
Guests & Friends of the Department
Tune into the live stream of the ceremony on YouTube. There will be a delay between Zoom and the live stream on YouTube, so we recommend that family members who will be in the same room with a graduate watch the Zoom meeting with their graduate. If possible, graduates may want to extend their display onto a TV or larger screen for families who are watching.
Before and after the program, graduates and their guests can visit with faculty in virtual meeting rooms. You may visit multiple rooms to visit with multiple faculty and staff.
Packages were mailed to all graduates who had given us an address by 5/28/2020. If you believe there was an issue with your party package, please contact email@example.com for help. The package is not required to participate in graduation, but if you received one, you should have it available during the ceremony!
Share your celebration!
Some of your AIChE Junior Reps have made you custom graduation and UW ChemE-themed stickers and hope you’ll use them for your own little photo booth! We invite you to share your celebration with us on Instagram!
- Access the stickers: https://giphy.com/channel/uwcheme
- How to use the stickers: Visit our IG highlights @uwcheme for instructions
- Post your photos to Instagram: Use #uwcheme2020 and tag @uwcheme! If your account is private, you can also DM them to @uwcheme.
ChemE would love to see how you’re celebrating and to preserve this special occasion for department posterity. Share photos of your graduation day with us! For example, these might be photos of you watching the ceremony, receiving congratulations from family, or proudly sporting your cap and gown.
Photos may be used in department communications such as newsletters, websites, and social media posts. Please indicate if they should be for department archives only. If you have issues uploading photos through the form, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.