Enrollment in Courses

lectureEnrollment in chemical engineering courses required for the B.S. degree (other than CHEM E 310) is ordinarily limited to chemical engineering majors. However, students in the Bioresource Engineering program may take those chemical engineering courses that are part of their approved program.

Other students who wish to take any of these required courses must obtain written permission from the instructor on a form (Request for Special Permission to Take a Chemical Engineering Course) available in the Department office. This special permission does not include CHEM E 437, 485, and 486, which are open only to students admitted to the Department. Prerequisites are enforced.